Saturday, August 9, 2014

His love is like a FIRE

Happy Saturday Y'all-


 I have a poke cake in the oven & now I am sitting here thinking about how great God's love is. The last two weeks while I have been MIA from the blog world, I have been working with middle school students. The first week was fuel week (VBS for grades 6th- 8th) which was a total praise report the entire week. It was full awesome games, food, praise and worship, & lessons that made me want to....


GO!

GO- Global has been the theme of church & fuel week this summer. What does God  have planned for you and GO!!!!! Allowing the Holy Spirit guide you to God's will and just follow Him in faith. Not only did I get confirmation that the Lord wants me to work with the middle schoolers, there were 20 total salvations for the entire week of VBS/ Fuel Week. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! 


The following Tuesday of the busy,amazing week, I went on a youth trip to Fiesta Texas Six Flags in San Antonio. After not working for a month getting up at 5:30 in the morning was a challenge but totally worth it. I got to spend time with some girls the next days that seemed much needed. The young girls are so full of energy, life, and love for Jesus. Even though they are in middle school and a lot can change in the next five years of their life, they seem to have a good head on their shoulders. Through out the day they asked good questions about their relationship with the Lord, sharing their plan for their future. Including college, career, and family goals the set for themselves. Why do I feel like I never was on that page, well now that I think about it I still do not have all that figured out and I am 23 years old.  It brought great joy to just be a tool in their life, even if it was for just a fun few days. 

One of the great songs that the youth band performed during Fuel weeks was, Love like Fire, very touching. I painted a picture in my mind how a house fire may be miles down the road but standing afar you can still see it, if close enough to a bond fire you can feel the warmth of the fire. God's love is just like a fire. I have to say this song right now is my favorite.. 

 For our God is a devouring fire. Hebrews 12:29

God's love is amazing, we do not deserve all the great things He has done for us. 


Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.






Thank you Jesus for all you have done, and do in all of our life's. I am excited to see what the Holy Spirit inside me is doing. 


PS (I go the job at Park University and start in two days!) 


If you have never accepted the Lord's love, compassion and mercy into your life please pray with a pastor, a friend or a family member. Ask the Holy Spirit into your life, pray about your path and GO!  It is never too late to start living the life of God's love!!! 


Well I have a poke cake calling my name to be finished, but do not feel like you cannot ask questions!! 

- Emily Kathleen
praisehimthroughthestorm@gmail.com 








No comments:

Post a Comment